Are you looking for a prestigious summer research program? EPFL Summer Research Program 2024 is now open for international students. The summer program in Switzerland is an excellent opportunity to pursue your research at the highly reputed École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne. The research program is offered by The EPFL School of Life Sciences for international undergraduate and first-year Master’s students. By participating in this Summer Research Program in Europe, the students will have a chance to enrich their research capabilities through an 8-week laboratory engagement program.
EPFL Summer Research Program 2024 is open for international students belonging to the field of Chemistry, Biology, Quantitative Biology, Bioinformatics, Bioengineering, Biophysics, and other relevant disciplines. The participants of EPFL’s Research Groups will have an opportunity to explore insights of the dynamic scientific society in Switzerland. Every year, more than 20-25 international candidates are selected to participate in the highly prestigious EPFL Summer Research Program. During the program, The participants are provided with personalized mentoring by esteemed faculty.
EPFL Summer Research Program is a fully funded opportunity in Switzerland. The program offers its participants accommodation, travel expenses along with a stipend of CHF 3,400. Not only that, the participants enhance their laboratory experience and beyond the lab, get access to scientific seminars which helps them to expand their knowledge. The participants are offered to join the workshops based on personal development and scientific topics. EPFL Summer Research Program holds a closing symposium featuring presentations and poster sessions from all participants.
Table of Contents
Join us now
About EPFL Summer Research Program 2024:
- Organization: EPFL Summer Research Program
- Host Country: Switzerland
- Host Institute: EPFL School of Life Sciences
- Degree Level: Undergraduate and 1st-year Master’s
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Duration: 02 Months (8 week)
- Eligibility: International Students
- Apply Mode: Online
- Deadline: January 31, 2024
Eligibility Criteria of EPFL Summer Research Program 2024;
The eligibility criteria of EPFL Summer Research Program 2024 in Switzerland for international students is given below;
- All the international undergraduate and 1st-year Masters students are encouraged to apply for EPFL School of Life Sciences’ Summer Research Program 2024.
- The interested candidates must be currently enrolled in a university and pursuing their studies in the fields relevant to Biology and Life Sciences.
- The interested candidate must have an excellent academic record and GPA not less than 3.75 over 4.00.
- Additionally, the applicants must have completed their undergraduate course work up to the 1st-year of Masters degree before the commencement of EPFL Research Program.
- The applicant must demonstrate his/her deep interest in building a career in the field of life sciences.
- The interested candidates should apply exclusively through online mode of application.
Benefits of EPFL School of Life Sciences Research Program;
The perks and benefits of EPFL Summer Research Program 2024 in switzerland are given below;
- The selected candidates will be given a stipend of CHF 3,400 for eight-week duration which includes accommodation and other living expenses.
- The participants will gain an opportunity of mentoring by experienced faculty at EPFL.
- The accommodation arrangements are funded and organized in advance through the provision of stipends.
- The candidates will be accommodated together preferably in Geneva or Lausanne, depending upon their assigned lab.
- The travel costs from and to Switzerland are covered.
- Reimbursement is provided for international flights up to CHF 1,000 for longer flights and CHF 500 for shorter flights.
Documents Required for EPFL Summer Research Internship:
The required documents for EPFL School of Life Sciences Research Program 2024 in Switzerlands for international students are listed below;
- Academic CV
- Academic transcripts and certificates
- Motivation letter (750 words max.)
- Lab preferences (will have to choose three labs, give a brief explanation of each preferred lab in 2-3 sentences.)
- 02 Letters of recommendation
EPFL Program Deadline;
The last date of applying for the fully funded EPFL School of Life Sciences Summer Research program is January 31st, 2024.
How to Apply
The process of applying for EPFL Summer Research Program 2024 is online. The interested candidates are advised to follow the below given application procedure;
- Make it sure that all the required documents are ready at the time of applying.
- Start the application process by clicking through the below given “Apply Now” link.
- It is necessary to keep in mind that the application process should be completed on the go in a single session, as there is no “save progress” option in the application form.
- Keeping in mind all the necessary requirements and eligibility criteria, fill the application form carefully and completely.
- The applicants will receive the response from EPFL Program about their selection or rejection 6 weeks just after the end of application deadline.