Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2022 is inviting new applications from international students. Applications are now open for Gates Cambridge Scholarship for international students to study in UK at the University of Cambridge for educational year 2022. Gates Cambridge Scholarship Program 2022 offers fully funded scholarships for postgraduate degree programs. Gates Cambridge University Scholarships 2021 encourages the interested candidates to submit applications for scholarships in UK 2021.
Gates Cambridge Scholarship was initiated in October 2000 with US$210 million to the University of Cambridge by Bill Gates and Melinda Gates Foundation. This is the biggest ever donation made for a British University. The Cambridge University provides fully funded scholarship awards to 90 outstanding international candidates every year to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in the fields of study offered by the University of Cambridge under Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2022. Two-third of these scholarship awards are provided to PhD candidates. Out of these 90 scholarship awards, 25 will be given to the candidates belonging to United States while the other 55 awards will be given to the applicants of other countries.
Gates Cambridge Scholarships are considered among the highly reputable awards for international scholars to study in UK. The aim of the Gates Cambridge Scholarship is to develop a global network of future leaders who will give their dedications to improve the lives of people. The purpose of this award is to select extraordinary candidates, provide them financial and other support in one of the best leading universities of the world, and promote community development in the world.
Table of Contents
Some Words About The University of Cambridge
The University of Cambridge is established in 1209 and was granted a royal charter in 1231 by the King Kenry Henry-III. Its a public research university located in United Kingdom and is 4th existing university in the world and 2nd oldest university in English-speaking countries.
- Title: Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2022
- Sponsored by: Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Host Country: United Kingdom
- Host institute: The University of Cambridge
- Degree levels: Master’s and PhD degrees
- Financial coverage: Fully funded
- Total awards: ~90
- Eligibility: international candidates
- Award can be taken in Ireland
- Deadline: 6 January 2022 (for international candidates), while 13 October 2021 (for the candidates from US)
Criteria of Eligibility for Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2022
All the interested candidates for Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2022 to study in UK under fully funded scholarships in UK must fulfill the given eligibility criteria;
- The interested candidate can be from any country of the world including United States.
- The applicant must hold an undergraduate degree or equivalent for Gates Cambridge Master’s degree scholarship.
- The interested candidate for Gates Cambridge PhD scholarship program must hold bachelor’s and Master’s degrees.
- The interested candidate must be willing to attempt any of the full time courses (e.g. PhD/MSc/MLitt) of study at the Cambridge University in UK.
- Language proof: the candidate must have to provide the English language proficiency by TOEFL or IELTS.
Fields of Study
Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2022 to study in United Kingdom under fully funded scholarships in UK offers a wide range of study and research areas and subjects, such as;
- IT and Computer
- Arts & Humanities
- Engineering and Technology
- Clinical Medicine
- Physical Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Social Sciences
Click here to see Colleges
Click here to see faculty
- Copy of Passport
- Academic documents
- Study plan or statement of purpose
- Research proposal
- Letters of recommendation
- Letter of supervision (if any)
- Language proof
- Others (if any)
What you get
The benefits of Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2022 are given below;
- University composition dues at appropriate rate
- Maintenance allowance for a single student (£17,500 for 12 months at the 2021-22 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months) – for PhD scholars the award is for up to 4 years
- Single economy airfare at the start and end of the course
- Inbound health surcharge, immigration cost, and visa cost
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation trust also considers several types of applications for a number of additional funds on the basis of discretion;
- Academic development funding – from up to £500 to up to £2,000, dependent on the length of your course, to attend conferences and courses.
- Family allowance – up to £10,120 for a first child and up to £4,320 for a second child (2020-21 rate). No funding is provided for a partner.
- Fieldwork – you may apply to keep up to your normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your PhD (the Trust does not fund other fieldwork costs as these should be funded by the University Composition Fee).
- Maternity/Paternity funding – should you require it, you may apply to intermit your studies for up to 6 months and continue to receive your maintenance allowance during this time
- Hardship funding – for unforeseen difficulties
All the interested and eligible candidates for Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2022 in UK under fully funded scholarships in UK for international students willing to study in UK are directed to complete and submit applications before the end of last date; Candidates from United States apply before the end of 13th October.
The candidates from other countries can apply before 6 January 2022.
How to apply
All the interested and eligible candidates for Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2022 to study in UK under fully funded scholarships for international students in UK the University of Cambridge are encouraged to submit their applications through online system by following button;