Are you interested to pursue a fellowship in Japan? Applications are now open for JSPS-UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2024 in Japan. All the international students from around the world are equally eligible to apply. The JSPS international research fellowship in Japan is the initiative of Japan Society for the Promotion of Science and The United Nations University (UNU). This Japanese Fellowship Program is aimed at attracting the young, talented postdoctoral scholars and providing them with an opportunity to pursue their research study in Japan preferably from developing countries of the world. The fully funded JSPS-UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2024 will help the young international fellows in getting engaged in an advanced sustainable research development environment.
Moreover, the JSPS-UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2024 is targeted for the postdoctoral scholars who have completed their Doctoral degrees with excellence in their research study. The JSPS-UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship is a fully funded program which includes multiple benefits for the global research scholars coming to Japan through the fellowship. It offers a bunch of perks such as coverage on academic & research expenses, settling-in allowance, maintenance allowance, airfare allowance and much more. The duration of the fully funded postdoctoral fellowship program in Tokyo 2024 is 2 years.
The JSPS-UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2024 is a most prestigious fully funded award which offers the international research students a chance to pursue their advanced research under the supervision of professional researchers in it’s thematic fields. The proposed research should be relevant to policy and possess considerations for the gender issues within its agenda. The JSPS is a reputed and famous organization which offers this postdoctoral fellowship in collaboration with UNU which is itself a prestigious research university in Japan. All the other details are given as follows.
Table of Contents
Join us now
About JSPS-UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2024
United Nations University
March 10, 2024
Research Areas of JSPS-UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2024
Each of the fields of the below given research possesses specific criteria;
- Governance for Sustainable Development (GSD)
- Water and Resource Management (WRM)
- Biodiversity and Society (BDS)
- Innovation and Education (IVE)
Eligibility Criteria of JSPS-UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Program in Japan 2024
The criteria of eligibility for fully funded JSPS-UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Program is given as follows;
- The JSPS-UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship is open to apply for the postdoctoral fellows from all over the world.
- The candidates having permanent residency or nationality of Japan are not eligible for the JSPS-UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- The applicants must be a citizen of a country which has strong diplomatic relations with Japan.
- The citizens of Taiwan and Palestine are also equally eligible and encouraged to apply.
- The applicants must have completed their Doctoral degree within the last six years.
- The interested fellows will start their fellowship on November 30 2024 after getting selected.
- The candidates will have to maintain their residence in Japan for the whole period of fellowship.
- The applicants will have to pursue their research in one of the thematic areas of the program and must meet the additional requirements of each theme.
- The interested candidates must be fluent in English.
- The candidates who have previously received a pathway or standard fellowship for research in Japan aren’t eligible.
- The suitable applicants will be selected on the basis of their research objectives and research proposal.
- While focusing on their potential kf undertaking a successful research and academic background, the UNU-IAS will consider the educational merit of the candidates.
Benefits of JSPS-UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2024
The JSPS-UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2024 in Japan offers fully funded financial assistance along with multiple benefits for the international students including;
- An opportunity to pursue an advanced research in Japan.
- In accordance with JSPS-UNU regulations, the international fellows will receive a financial assistance which includes a round-trip airfare ticket.
- The candidates will also be provided with JPY 362,000 per month as a maintenance allowance.
- The applicants will receive an overseas travel insurance as well as a settling-in allowance of JPY 200,000.
- Moreover, the program encourages international collaboration by developing relationships between institutions in Japan, host researchers, and postdoctoral fellows.
Application Deadline of JSPS-UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Program:
The JSPS-UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship in Japan is a well-known fully funded research program in Japan. The application deadline of this fellowship in Japan is given as; March 10, 2024.
Before starting your application for JSPS-UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2024, make sure to read the following instructions carefully;
- It is directed to make sure you fulfill the eligibility criteria and other requirements of the respective fellowship.
- The candidates will have to find and identify a host researcher at a Japanese institution.
- You will have to get a ‘Confirmation’ from the host researcher before submitting your application.
- Your application will be reviewed by UNU-IAS Fellowship Committee.
- The shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online interview by which their previous academic backgi and research proposals will be discussed and assessed.
- The interested candidates can start their application for JSPS-UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Program by clicking on the below given apply links.